Q. Which of the following is closest to your view on the role of the Federal Labor opposition during the response to the Covid-19 outbreak?
|Gender||Age Group||Federal Voting Intention|
|Opposition should accept the Government recommendations to ensure decisions are made quickly||49%||52%||45%||46%||46%||54%||66%||40%||35%||49%|
|Opposition review and challenge Government decisions to ensure the best decisions are made||33%||35%||31%||33%||30%||36%||24%||45%||41%||33%|
- Half of people (49%) prefer decisions to make quickly by to Government to react to the Covid-19 outbreak. This is highest among Coalition voters (66%).
- A third (33%) want decisions reviewed and challenged by the opposition.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation