Q. Do you think the Labor Government should run its full term until 2013 when the next Federal election is due or should a new election be held now?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens|
|Should run to 2013||40%||82%||11%||80%|
|Should hold election now||48%||9%||84%||13%|
40% think that the Labor Government should run its full term and 48% think there should be an election held now.
Opinions closely follow voting preference – 82% of Labor voters and 80% of Greens voters think the Government should run its full term while 84% of Liberal/National voters want an election now.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation