Q. Do you think the Labor Government should run its full term until 2013 when the next Federal election is due or should a new election be held now?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens|
|Should run to 2013||40%||82%||11%||80%|
|Should hold election now||48%||9%||84%||13%|
40% think that the Labor Government should run its full term and 48% think there should be an election held now.
Opinions closely follow voting preference – 82% of Labor voters and 80% of Greens voters think the Government should run its full term while 84% of Liberal/National voters want an election now.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.Download this week's Report
Two Party Preferred:
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Top Federal Government priorities for 2021
- Uptake of a Covid-19 vaccine
- Perceptions of change in the standard of living for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Changing views towards Australia Day
- Support towards a separate national day