Q. Do you think the Labor Government should run its full term until 2013 when the next Federal election is due or should a new election be held now?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens|
|Should run to 2013||40%||82%||11%||80%|
|Should hold election now||48%||9%||84%||13%|
40% think that the Labor Government should run its full term and 48% think there should be an election held now.
Opinions closely follow voting preference – 82% of Labor voters and 80% of Greens voters think the Government should run its full term while 84% of Liberal/National voters want an election now.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Federal government response to Covid-19
- State government response to Covid-19
- Views towards reopening international borders
- Views towards state border closures
- Comprehension and confidence in PM’s plan to ‘safely reopen’ Australia
- Uptake of a Covid-19 vaccine
- Necessity of mandatory vaccinations in specific situations
- Views towards easing restrictions for fully vaccinated people