Q. The Federal Budget will be announced on Tuesday 2nd April.
In general, do you expect the Federal Budget will be good or bad for the following?
|NET: Very Good / Good||Neither good nor bad||NET: Very bad / Bad||Don’t know|
|People who are well off||58%||23%||9%||10%|
|The economy overall||35%||33%||24%||9%|
|Average working people||27%||32%||33%||9%|
|People of lower incomes||24%||25%||42%||10%|
- Majority of people think the upcoming budget will be good or Very good for those who are well off (58%) and half think it will benefit Australian businesses (50%).
- People on lower incomes (42%) and older Australians (38%) are most expected to be worse off following the announcement
- Just 19% believe they will personally benefit from the budget, and 34% think it will be bad/very bad for them.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation