Q. How much attention have you paid to the federal budget announcements?
|A lot of attention||19%||19%|
|A little attention||44%||44%|
|Not much attention||27%||25%|
|No attention at all||10%||12%|
|Total||Gender||Age Group||Federal Voting Intention|
|Male||Female||18-34||35-54||55+||Labor||TOTAL: Coalition||Greens||TOTAL: Other|
|A lot of attention||19%||24%||13%||15%||20%||20%||18%||24%||16%||14%|
|A little attention||44%||45%||44%||40%||46%||47%||48%||50%||50%||32%|
|Not much attention||27%||24%||31%||34%||22%||27%||28%||19%||24%||35%|
|No attention at all||10%||8%||12%||11%||12%||6%||6%||6%||11%||19%|
- There is little difference between the level of engagement in the federal budget announcements this May compared to last October. People mainly either paid a little attention (44%) or not much attention (27%) to the announcements.
- Men are more likely than women to say they paid a lot of attention to the federal budget announcements (24% to 13%). Coalition voters are also more likely to have paid a lot of attention compared to all other voters (24% to 17%).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Federal government response to Covid-19
- State government response to Covid-19
- Views towards reopening international borders
- Views towards state border closures
- Comprehension and confidence in PM’s plan to ‘safely reopen’ Australia
- Uptake of a Covid-19 vaccine
- Necessity of mandatory vaccinations in specific situations
- Views towards easing restrictions for fully vaccinated people
Sign up for updatesReceive the Essential Report in your inbox.
2PP Abbott ALP Anthony Albanese Approval of opposition leader Approval of Tony Abbott asylum seekers Australian economy Bill Shorten Carbon Tax climate change coronavirus covid-19 economy Education Election EMC environment ER Essential Media Essential Report Federal Budget Federal Government federal politics Gillard Greens Julia Gillard kevin rudd Labor Labor Party Liberal Liberal Party Liberals mining Nationals Opposition leader peter lewis Polling polls Prime Minister Scott Morrison tony abbott two party preferred voting Voting intention