Q. Thinking about the next Federal Budget, overall do you think the Government should increase, maintain or cut spending on services and programs?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens|
49% think the Government should maintain spending in the next Federal Budget, 22% think spending should be cut and 15% think it should be increased.
By voting intention, 74% of Labor voters and Greens voters think spending should be maintained or increased compared to 59% of Liberal/National voters. 31% of Liberal/National voters think spending should be cut.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation