Q. Which party do you expect will win the 2019 Federal election and form Government?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Liberal / National||Vote Greens||NET: Vote Other|
- 59% of voters believe Labor will be victorious over the Liberal/National coalition in the 2019 Federal election. Expectations among supporters of the Labor party are high, with 95% believe Labour will win. The majority of Coalition voters (74%) and those intending to vote for another party/independent candidate (53%) expect the Coalition to form Government following the election.
- A majority of both men (60%) and women (58%) expect Labor to win the election.
- Over half of each of the age ranges 18-34 (61%), 35-54 (61%) and 55+ (56%) also expect Labour to form the next Government.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation
Sign up for updatesReceive the Essential Report in your inbox.
2PP Abbott ALP Anthony Albanese Approval of opposition leader Approval of Tony Abbott asylum seekers Australian economy Bill Shorten Carbon Tax climate change coronavirus covid-19 economy Education Election EMC environment ER Essential Media Essential Report Federal Budget Federal Government federal politics Gillard Greens Julia Gillard kevin rudd Labor Labor Party Liberal Liberal Party Liberals mining Nationals Opposition leader peter lewis Polling polls Prime Minister Scott Morrison tony abbott two party preferred voting Voting intention