Q. In response to the Covid-19 outbreak, what do you expect will happen to the restriction levels in your local area over the next two months?
|I expect restrictions will become tighter||39%||35%||43%||53%||38%||37%||25%||16%|
|I expect no change to the restrictions||39%||42%||37%||35%||40%||39%||44%||51%|
|I expect restrictions will have eased||22%||23%||20%||12%||22%||24%||31%||33%|
- Australians are preparing for a continuation, or tightening of restrictions over the next few months. 39% expect tighter restrictions in their local area and the same number do not expect any change to the current rules and guidelines. About one in five (22%) believe that restrictions will ease.
- Women (43%) and residents of New South Wales (53%) are most likely to expect restrictions to become tighter; while men (35%) and Western Australia residents (16%) are less likely to expect this.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.Download this week's Report
Two Party Preferred:
In this week's report:
- Coronavirus concerns
- Federal government response to Covid-19
- State government response to Covid-19
- Attitudes to latest Victorian restrictions (VICTORIA ONLY)
- Attitudes towards Queensland border closure
- State of the economy
- Indictors of whether the Australian economy is in a good or poor state
- State of the economy in next six months