Q. In response to the Covid-19 outbreak, what do you expect will happen to the restriction levels in your local area over the next two months?
|I expect restrictions will become tighter||39%||35%||43%||53%||38%||37%||25%||16%|
|I expect no change to the restrictions||39%||42%||37%||35%||40%||39%||44%||51%|
|I expect restrictions will have eased||22%||23%||20%||12%||22%||24%||31%||33%|
- Australians are preparing for a continuation, or tightening of restrictions over the next few months. 39% expect tighter restrictions in their local area and the same number do not expect any change to the current rules and guidelines. About one in five (22%) believe that restrictions will ease.
- Women (43%) and residents of New South Wales (53%) are most likely to expect restrictions to become tighter; while men (35%) and Western Australia residents (16%) are less likely to expect this.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation