Q. Which of the following best describes the impact of Covid-19 on your work:
|I wasn’t in paid work before the Covid-19 outbreak||41%||34%||47%||27%||27%||65%||37%||48%|
|I was in paid work before the Covid-19 outbreak but am not now||19%||20%||17%||32%||17%||9%||20%||16%|
|I’m still in paid work but am worried about losing my job because of the Covid-19 outbreak||25%||28%||22%||31%||34%||11%||28%||18%|
|I’m still in paid work and am not worried about losing my job because of the Covid-19 outbreak||16%||18%||14%||11%||22%||14%||15%||17%|
- 25% of participants are worried about losing their job because of the Covid-19 outbreak and another 19% were in paid employment before the outbreak, but now are not.
- 32% of 18-34 year olds say they were in paid work before the Covid-19 outbreak but am not now – this is higher than 35-54 year olds (17%).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Federal government response to Covid-19
- State government response to Covid-19
- Views towards reopening international borders
- Views towards state border closures
- Comprehension and confidence in PM’s plan to ‘safely reopen’ Australia
- Uptake of a Covid-19 vaccine
- Necessity of mandatory vaccinations in specific situations
- Views towards easing restrictions for fully vaccinated people
Sign up for updatesReceive the Essential Report in your inbox.
2PP Abbott ALP Anthony Albanese Approval of opposition leader Approval of Tony Abbott asylum seekers Australian economy Bill Shorten Carbon Tax climate change coronavirus covid-19 economy Education Election EMC environment ER Essential Media Essential Report Federal Budget Federal Government federal politics Gillard Greens Julia Gillard kevin rudd Labor Labor Party Liberal Liberal Party Liberals mining Nationals Opposition leader peter lewis Polling polls Prime Minister Scott Morrison tony abbott two party preferred voting Voting intention