Essential Report Download this weeks Report
Q. How much attention have you been paying to the news, advertising and updates from the Federal Election?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Liberal / National||Vote Greens||NET: Vote Other||Last week|
|Have not been paying any attention||16%||14%||10%||17%||21%||19%|
|Have been paying little attention||29%||29%||28%||34%||30%||29%|
|Have been paying some attention||36%||38%||40%||31%||31%||33%|
|Have been paying a lot of attention||19%||19%||21%||18%||19%||20%|
|Total||Aged 18-34||Aged 35-54||Aged 55+|
|Have not been paying any attention||19%||26%||15%||9%|
|Have been paying little attention||29%||32%||33%||23%|
|Have been paying some attention||36%||28%||38%||41%|
|Have been paying a lot of attention||19%||14%||14%||28%|
- There has been limited change in the interest shown in the election during the past week. 16% (down 3%pts from 19% last week) said they have not been paying any attention to the election. This was highest among those aged 18-34 (26%).
- Engagement in the election was lower among those intending to vote for a minor or independent candidate. 21% of these voters say they haven’t been paying any attention the election.
- Older voters are so far most engaged with the election, with 28% saying they have been paying a lot of attention.
- Men were more likely than women to say they had been paying a lot of attention to the election (24% to 14%).
Two Party Preferred: 14 May 2019
In this week's report:
- Government support for coal-fired power plants
- Attitudes towards coal
- Support for zero-carbon pollution target for 2050
- Type of volunteering engaged with
- Support for Government initiatives for volunteers
- Actions taken since Coronavirus outbreak
- Attitudes towards border protection and Coronavirus
- Attitudes towards mobile phone etiquette
2PP Abbott ALP Approval of opposition leader Approval of Tony Abbott asylum seekers Australian economy Better Prime Minister Bill Shorten carbon pricing scheme Carbon Tax climate change economy Education Election EMC environment ER Essential Media Essential Report Federal Government federal politics federal politics voting intention Gillard Greens Julia Gillard kevin rudd Labor Labor Party leadership Liberal Liberal Party Liberals media mining Nationals peter lewis Polling polls Prime Minister tax tony abbott two party preferred voting Voting intention