Essential Report Download this weeks Report
Q. In your opinion, how effective are face masks or coverings at preventing the spread of Covid-19?
|Not that effective||20%||22%||17%||24%||19%||17%|
|Not effective at all||5%||7%||4%||5%||7%||4%|
|Not that effective||20%||19%||14%||24%||25%||26%|
|Not effective at all||5%||4%||5%||10%||2%||6%|
- There is widespread belief that using face masks can reduce the spread of the virus, 19% think they are very effective and 46% quite effective. Just 5% thinking they are not effective at all effective in preventing the spread of Covid-19.
- Victorians are most likely to believe masks are effective at preventing the spread of Covid-19 with 19% believing they are ‘very effective’ and 56% saying ‘quite effective’.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.Download this week's Report
Two Party Preferred:
In this week's report:
- Coronavirus concerns
- Federal government response to Covid-19
- State government response to Covid-19
- Attitudes to latest Victorian restrictions (VICTORIA ONLY)
- Attitudes towards Queensland border closure
- State of the economy
- Indictors of whether the Australian economy is in a good or poor state
- State of the economy in next six months
2PP Abbott ALP Approval of opposition leader Approval of Tony Abbott asylum seekers Australian economy Better Prime Minister Bill Shorten Carbon Tax climate change coronavirus covid-19 economy Education Election EMC environment ER Essential Media Essential Report Federal Government federal politics federal politics voting intention Gillard Greens Julia Gillard kevin rudd Labor Labor Party Liberal Liberal Party Liberals media mining Nationals peter lewis Polling polls Prime Minister tax tony abbott two party preferred voting Voting intention