Q. Do you think the Coalition Government should run its full term until around May 2019 when the next Federal election is due or do you think they should call an early election?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote LNP||Vote Greens||Vote other|
|Should run full term||52%||40%||78%||30%||57%|
|Should call an early election||27%||43%||12%||45%||27%|
About half think the Government should run its full term while 27% think they should call an early election. 76% of LNP voters think they should serve the full term while Labor voters are split with 43% favouring an early election and 40% wanting the Government to run its full term.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation