Q. Do you think the Coalition Government should run its full term until 2019 when the next Federal election is due or do you think they should call an early election?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens||Vote other|
|Should run full term||47%||34%||75%||26%||45%|
|Should call an early election||32%||45%||15%||55%||38%|
37% think the Government should call an early election and 47% think the Government should run its full term.
Those most likely to support an early election were Labor voters (45%) and Greens voters (55%).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation