Q. Do you expect the Coalition Government will run its full term until 2019 when the next Federal election is due or do you think there will be an early election?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens||Vote other||Sep 2016|
|Will run full term||35%||23%||59%||19%||25%||35%|
|Will be an early election||39%||49%||27%||58%||51%||38%|
35% think that the Coalition Government will run its full term and 39% think there will be an early election. These results have not changed significantly since September 2016.
59% of Lib/Nat voters believe the Coalition Government will run its full term (up from 50% in September).
49% of Labor voters (down from 52% in September) and 58% of Greens voters (up from 43% in September) think there will be an early election.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation