Do you think the Federal election should be held later this year as scheduled or should the Government call an early election?
|Total||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Labor||Vote Greens||Vote other||Sep 2015|
|Hold election later this year||56%||62%||59%||43%||62%||63%|
|Call an early election||23%||24%||23%||35%||26%||21%|
56% favour holding the Federal election later this year as scheduled and 23% think there should be an early election. Greens voters (35%) were more likely to favour an early election than Labor voters (23%) and Liberal/National voters (24%).
Since this question was asked in September, there has been a shift toward holding an early election.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation