To resolve the issue of dual citizenship of parliamentarians, Malcolm Turnbull has proposed that MPs provide a declaration that he or she was not, to the best of his or her knowledge and belief, a citizen of any country other than Australia. Do you think this plan goes far enough or does not go far enough?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens||Vote other|
|Goes far enough||40%||34%||57%||43%||37%|
|Does not go far enough||44%||52%||30%||50%||51%|
40% think that Malcolm Turnbull’s proposal that MP’s provide a declaration regarding duel citizenship goes far enough and 44% think it does not go far enough.
57% of Liberal National voters think it goes far enough and 52% of Labor voters and 50% of Greens voters think it does not go far enough.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation