Q: Thinking about the issue of domestic violence, would you say it is an issue that typically:
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens||Vote Other|
|Can affect people like me and people I know well||62%||66%||61%||64%||64%|
|Probably doesn’t affect people like me and people I know well||27%||26%||30%||30%||26%|
62% think that the issue of domestic violence can affect people like me and people I know well and 27% think it probably doesn’t.
Those most likely to think it can affect people like them were women (70%) and those with dependent children (67%).
32% of men and 36% of those aged 55+ think it probably doesn’t affect people like them.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation