A LANDMARK forest peace pact signed this week in Hobart between environmentalists and the forest industry has been presented the Premier David Bartlett.
Shortly before noon, Environment Tasmania director Phil Pullinger and Ed Vincent from the Tasmanian Forest Contractor’s Association, presented Mr Bartlett with a Statement of Principles to begin a longer-term agreement for the Tasmanian forest industry.
The deal marks the first critical stage in bringing an end to the three decades-long conflict in Tasmania’s ancient forests.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation