Q. What do you think is the main reason for the increasing cost of living?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens|
|The strong Australian dollar||17%||30%||9%||17%|
|Excessive company profits||18%||24%||10%||27%|
|Lack of competition||14%||18%||9%||24%|
|Economic management of the Federal Government||28%||8%||51%||9%|
|Economic management of State Governments||6%||3%||8%||6%|
28% believe that economic management of the Federal Government is the main reason for the increasing cost of living. 18% blame excessive company profits and 17% the strong Australian dollar. Only 4% said wage increases.
Most of those blaming the Federal Government were Liberal/National voters. Labor voters nominated the strong Australian dollar and excessive company profits while Greens votes said excessive company profits and lack of competition.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation