Q. To what extent are you concerned about the threat of Covid-19 (coronavirus) in Australia?
|Not that concerned||11%||9%||10%||10%||14%||28%||26%|
|Not at all concerned||2%||3%||2%||3%||4%||9%||6%|
|Not that concerned||11%||11%||9%||14%||10%||14%|
|Not at all concerned||2%||2%||2%||2%||2%||2%|
- Concern about the threat of Covid-19 has stayed steady falling the softening last week. 44% are very concerned about the outbreak (45% last week) with a further 43% who are quite concerned (43% last week).
- Concern has fallen for the second week among over 55 year olds. The proportion saying they are very concerned has decreased from 54% to 39% over the past two weeks.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation
Sign up for updatesReceive the Essential Report in your inbox.
2PP Abbott ALP Anthony Albanese Approval of opposition leader Approval of Tony Abbott asylum seekers Australian economy Bill Shorten Carbon Tax climate change coronavirus covid-19 economy Education Election EMC environment ER Essential Media Essential Report Federal Budget Federal Government federal politics Gillard Greens Julia Gillard kevin rudd Labor Labor Party Liberal Liberal Party Liberals mining Nationals Opposition leader peter lewis Polling polls Prime Minister Scott Morrison tony abbott two party preferred voting Voting intention