Q. How confident are you that climate change can be averted if we take action now?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens|
|Not very confident||30%||27%||32%||30%|
|Not at all confident||6%||2%||10%||5%|
*Based on those who believe “climate change is happening”
Of those who believe climate change is happening, 61% are very or somewhat confident that climate change can be averted if we take action now. A majority of all voter groups are very/somewhat confident.
By age, 68% of aged under 35 are confident compared to 58% of those aged 55+.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation