Q. As vaccinations against Covid-19 are rolled out across Australia, how confident are you in each of the following?
That the rollout of vaccinations against Covid-19 in Australia…
|… are being done efficiently||43%||68%||68%|
|… are being done safely||63%||73%||72%|
|… will be effective at stopping Covid-19 within the country||52%||64%||58%|
- With the issues affecting the Covid-19 vaccine rollout, now just over half are confident it will be effective at stopping Covid-19 within the country (52% from 64% last month).
- Additionally, less than half of Australians are confident the rollout is being done efficiently (43% from 68% last month) and two-thirds are now confident that it is being done safely (63% from 73% last month).
|TOTAL: Confident||Total||Gender||Age Group||Federal Voting Intention|
|Male||Female||18-34||35-54||55+||Labor||TOTAL: Coalition||Greens||TOTAL: Other|
|… are being done efficiently||43%||46%||41%||50%||43%||39%||39%||56%||32%||32%|
|… are being done safely||63%||68%||59%||57%||58%||74%||61%||74%||64%||52%|
|… will be effective at stopping Covid-19 within the country||52%||60%||44%||53%||46%||57%||49%||64%||56%||36%|
- While confidence in the Covid-19 rollout has dropped across all demographics, the confidence of those 35-54, has been hit the hardest. Last month, 61% of those aged 35-54 were confident the rollout will be effective at stopping Covid-19 within the country, now 46% are confident this is the case. This trend is also reflected in confidence in the rollout’s efficiency (was 64%, now 43%) and safety (was 69%, now 58%).
- Coalition voters are still the most confident that the vaccine rollout is being done efficiently (56%), safely (74%), and will be effective and stopping Covid-19 within the country (64%).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Federal government response to Covid-19
- State government response to Covid-19
- Views towards reopening international borders
- Views towards state border closures
- Comprehension and confidence in PM’s plan to ‘safely reopen’ Australia
- Uptake of a Covid-19 vaccine
- Necessity of mandatory vaccinations in specific situations
- Views towards easing restrictions for fully vaccinated people