Q. Thinking about Covid-19 lockdowns across Australia, to what extent are you concerned about the effect of lockdowns on the following?
|My financial situation||54%||–|
|My mental wellbeing||51%||50%|
|My physical health||50%||–|
|[Asked only to those currently in paid work] My risk of unemployment or reduced hours||48%||–|
|My personal relationships||43%||39%|
|[Asked only to those currently in paid work] My work-life balance||43%||49%|
- The effect of lockdowns is not getting any easier on people’s mental health, with 51% saying they are concerned with their mental wellbeing (50% in July 2021). 43% say they are concerned for their personal relationships (39% in July 2021), and 43% of people in employment are concerned about their work-life balance (49% in July 2021).
|Very concerned||Moderately concerned||Not that concerned||Not concerned at all|
|My financial situation||54%||46%||21%||33%||28%||18%|
|My mental wellbeing||51%||49%||21%||30%||30%||19%|
|My physical health||50%||50%||16%||34%||32%||17%|
|[Asked only to those currently in paid work] My risk of unemployment or reduced hours||48%||52%||17%||30%||28%||24%|
|My personal relationships||43%||57%||14%||29%||34%||22%|
|[Asked only to those currently in paid work] My work-life balance||43%||57%||13%||30%||37%||20%|
- The biggest cause of concern for people is their financial situation (54%). Around half are concerned for their mental wellbeing (51%) and physical health (50%).
- 48% of those in employment are concerned that the lockdowns will result in unemployment or reduced hours.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation