Q. Which of the following statements is closest to your view?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens||Vote other||Jul 2015||Apr 2018|
|Governments should prioritise support for the coal industry over the renewable energy industry||16%||13%||24%||8%||22%||6%||13%|
|Government should prioritise support for the renewable energy industry over the coal industry||38%||48%||28%||67%||34%||50%||37%|
|The Government should treat both industries equally||34%||30%||42%||16%||36%||28%||35%|
38% (up 1% since April) of respondents agree more with the statement that the Government should prioritise support for the renewable energy industry over the coal industry and only 16% (up 3%) think they should prioritise coal over renewables. 34% (down 1%) think they should treat both industries equally.
Those most likely to think the Government should give priority to renewable energy were Greens voters (67%), Labor voters (48%) and respondents with university education (45%).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation