Q. Which of the following statements is closest to your view?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens||Vote other||Jul 2015|
|Governments should prioritise support for the coal industry over the renewable energy industry||13%||13%||19%||3%||15%||6%|
|Government should prioritise support for the renewable energy industry over the coal industry||37%||46%||29%||67%||26%||50%|
|The Government should treat both industries equally||35%||29%||46%||22%||48%||28%|
37% (down 13% since July 2015) of respondents agree more with the statement that the Government should prioritise support for the renewable energy industry over the coal industry and only 13% (up 7%) think they should prioritise coal over renewables. 35% (up 7%) think they should treat both industries equally.
Those most likely to think the Government should give priority to renewable energy were Greens voters (67%), Labor voters (46%) and respondents with university education (50%).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation