Q. Regardless of who you would vote for, do you think a Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump presidency would be better for each of the following?
|Hillary Clinton||Donald Trump||Makes no difference||Not sure|
|Australia’s relationship with the US||54%||10%||23%||13%|
|The global economy||48%||14%||24%||14%|
|Addressing climate change||44%||9%||32%||15%|
|The Australian economy||40%||11%||32%||17%|
|Australian regional security||39%||12%||33%||16%|
|Preventing terrorist attacks in Australia||33%||15%||38%||14%|
There was strong agreement that Hillary Clinton would be better than Donald Trump for Australia’s relationship with the US (54% Clinton, 10% Trump), global security (49%/15%) and the global economy (48%/14%).
They were most likely to think it would make no difference to preventing terrorist attacks in Australia. However, on each issue, Hillary Clinton was thought to be substantially better than Donald Trump.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation