Essential Report Download this weeks Report
Q. Have you changed your behaviour in any of the following ways since the beginning of the Covid-19 outbreak?
|Increased personal hygiene measures (e.g. hand washing)||79%||72%|
|Limited attending social spaces, shops, restaurants or group events||75%||60%|
|Stopped physical greetings (e.g. shaking hands, kissing, hugging)||73%||60%|
|Bought additional groceries to stock-up||41%||33%|
|Reduced use of cash to pay for purchases||43%||23%|
|Changed working patterns (e.g. changed hours, or working from home)||33%||20%|
|None of these||5%||12%|
- Now 95% of participants claim that their behaviour has changed since the Covid-19 outbreak (up from 88% last week).
- All the measures aimed at reducing the spread of the virus have increased observation compared to last week.
|Increased personal hygiene measures (e.g. hand washing)||79%||74%||84%||72%||80%||85%||79%||80%|
|Limited attending social spaces, shops, restaurants or group events||75%||68%||83%||66%||77%||82%||75%||76%|
|Stopped physical greetings (e.g. shaking hands, kissing, hugging)||73%||69%||78%||60%||73%||85%||73%||74%|
|Bought additional groceries to stock-up||41%||39%||43%||43%||43%||38%||44%||36%|
|Reduced use of cash to pay for purchases||43%||40%||47%||44%||44%||42%||44%||42%|
|Changed working patterns (e.g. changed hours, or working from home)||33%||33%||32%||47%||36%||17%||37%||24%|
|None of these||5%||7%||3%||5%||4%||6%||5%||5%|
- Women and participants over 55 years olds are more likely to have changed their behaviour since the Covid-19 outbreak, than men and 18-34 year olds.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.Download this week's Report
Two Party Preferred:
In this week's report:
- Coronavirus concerns
- Federal government response to Covid-19
- State government response to Covid-19
- Attitudes to latest Victorian restrictions (VICTORIA ONLY)
- Attitudes towards Queensland border closure
- State of the economy
- Indictors of whether the Australian economy is in a good or poor state
- State of the economy in next six months
2PP Abbott ALP Approval of opposition leader Approval of Tony Abbott asylum seekers Australian economy Better Prime Minister Bill Shorten Carbon Tax climate change coronavirus covid-19 economy Education Election EMC environment ER Essential Media Essential Report Federal Government federal politics federal politics voting intention Gillard Greens Julia Gillard kevin rudd Labor Labor Party Liberal Liberal Party Liberals media mining Nationals peter lewis Polling polls Prime Minister tax tony abbott two party preferred voting Voting intention