Q. Have you changed your behaviour in any of the following ways since the beginning of the Covid-19 outbreak?
|Increased personal hygiene measures (e.g. hand washing)||79%||72%|
|Limited attending social spaces, shops, restaurants or group events||75%||60%|
|Stopped physical greetings (e.g. shaking hands, kissing, hugging)||73%||60%|
|Bought additional groceries to stock-up||41%||33%|
|Reduced use of cash to pay for purchases||43%||23%|
|Changed working patterns (e.g. changed hours, or working from home)||33%||20%|
|None of these||5%||12%|
- Now 95% of participants claim that their behaviour has changed since the Covid-19 outbreak (up from 88% last week).
- All the measures aimed at reducing the spread of the virus have increased observation compared to last week.
|Increased personal hygiene measures (e.g. hand washing)||79%||74%||84%||72%||80%||85%||79%||80%|
|Limited attending social spaces, shops, restaurants or group events||75%||68%||83%||66%||77%||82%||75%||76%|
|Stopped physical greetings (e.g. shaking hands, kissing, hugging)||73%||69%||78%||60%||73%||85%||73%||74%|
|Bought additional groceries to stock-up||41%||39%||43%||43%||43%||38%||44%||36%|
|Reduced use of cash to pay for purchases||43%||40%||47%||44%||44%||42%||44%||42%|
|Changed working patterns (e.g. changed hours, or working from home)||33%||33%||32%||47%||36%||17%||37%||24%|
|None of these||5%||7%||3%||5%||4%||6%||5%||5%|
- Women and participants over 55 years olds are more likely to have changed their behaviour since the Covid-19 outbreak, than men and 18-34 year olds.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation
Sign up for updatesReceive the Essential Report in your inbox.
2PP Abbott ALP Anthony Albanese Approval of opposition leader Approval of Tony Abbott asylum seekers Australian economy Bill Shorten Carbon Tax climate change coronavirus covid-19 economy Education Election EMC environment ER Essential Media Essential Report Federal Budget Federal Government federal politics Gillard Greens Julia Gillard kevin rudd Labor Labor Party Liberal Liberal Party Liberals mining Nationals Opposition leader peter lewis Polling polls Prime Minister Scott Morrison tony abbott two party preferred voting Voting intention