Q. As a result of the Covid-19 outbreak, have your views and opinions changes about each of the following groups of people?
|More positive view||My views haven’t changed||More negative view|
|Health workers and care staff||56%||40%||4%|
|People with mental health issues||23%||69%||8%|
|People who are unemployed||21%||69%||10%|
|People who are homeless||21%||72%||7%|
- Over half of people now feel more positive towards health and care workers as a result of the Covid-19 outbreak (56%).
- Around one in five people now feel more positive towards people with mental health issues (23%), those who are unemployed (21%) or homeless (21%).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation