Q. And as far as you know, over the last few years, has your gas and/or electricity usage increased, decreased or stayed much the same?
|Increased a lot||
|Increased a moderate amount||
|Increased a little||
|Stayed about the same||
|Decreased a little||
|Decreased a moderate amount||
|Decreased a lot||
54% say their power usage has increased over the last few years, 16% say it has decreased and 26% think it has stayed much the same.
Change in usage was similar across all ages except the 65+ group where 39% thought their usage had increased, 22% decreased and 38% stayed much the same.
Among Greens voters, 42% said their usage had increased, 24% decreased and 30% stayed much the same. There were no substantial differences across income groups.
56% of those with air conditioning or evaporative cooling said their power usage had increased compared with 45% of those without air conditioning or evaporative cooling.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation