Q. Over the last couple of weeks, have your concerns about the impact on religious freedoms increased or decreased or stayed about the same?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens||Vote other||Support same sex marriage||Don’t support same sex marriage|
|Concerns have increased||24%||20%||30%||10%||31%||9%||51%|
|Concerns have decreased||5%||6%||5%||11%||3%||7%||4%|
|Stayed about the same||61%||64%||60%||73%||61%||77%||38%|
24% say their concerns that allowing same-sex marriage may impact on religious freedoms has increased while 65% say their concerns have stayed the same or decreased.
51% of those who don’t support same-sex marriage say their concerns have increased.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation