Q. Will you be placing a bet on the Melbourne Cup?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens|
Although only 22% have a high or moderate interest in horse racing, 40% say they will be placing a bet on the Melbourne Cup.
Those most likely to place a bet were aged 35-54 (45%) and full-time workers (49%). Men and women were equally likely to place a bet.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation