Q. And who do you think would be the best Prime Minister out of Kevin Rudd and Joe Hockey?
In a choice between Rudd and Hockey as Prime Minister – over half (53%) think Rudd would make a better Prime Minister, 27% prefer Hockey and 20% don’t know.
Results followed party lines – 88% of Labor voters prefer Rudd and 56% of Coalition voters prefer Hockey.
Hockey performs better than Rudd amongst those that don’t know which party they will vote for in the next Federal election (50%).
People aged 65 years and over were more likely to prefer Hockey (42%) and 18 – 24 year olds were more likely to indicate they don’t know (31%).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation