Q. Who do you think would be the best Prime Minister out of Tony Abbott and Julia Gillard?
Just under half (47%) of those surveyed think that Gillard would make a better Prime Minister, 37% selected Abbott and 17% don’t know.
Results followed party lines – 78% of Labor voters selected Gillard and 79% of Coalition voters selected Abbott.
61% of Green voters think that Gillard would make a better Prime Minister than Abbott.
Males were more likely than females to select Abbott (40% v 34%). 46% of males and 47% of females chose Gillard.
People aged 65 years and over were more likely to think Abbott would make a better Prime Minister (47%) and people aged 18 – 24 were more likely to indicate they don’t know (31%).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation