Q. Who do you think has demonstrated better leadership qualities throughout the Covid-19 pandemic in Australia?
|TOTAL: All states|
|Prime Minister Scott Morrison||30%|
|TOTAL: State Premier / Chief Minister||52%|
- The majority of people (52%) think their state leaders have demonstrated better leadership qualities throughout the Covid-19 pandemic in Australia than the Prime Minister.
- About a third (30%) think the opposite is true – that the PM has performed better than state leaders and 19% don’t know.
- The pattern of people thinking their state leader has demonstrated better leadership qualities throughout the pandemic than the Prime Minister is consistent across each state. This is most apparent in WA where 76% think their premier, Mark McGowan, has demonstrated better leadership than Scott Morrison.
- Note: Due to small base sizes results for ACT, TAS and NT are not shown.
|TOTAL: NSW||TOTAL: VIC||TOTAL: QLD||TOTAL: SA||TOTAL: WA|
|Prime Minister Scott Morrison||29%||34%||32%||29%||19%|
|State Premier / Chief Minister||44%||49%||55%||50%||76%|
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Federal voting intention
- Leader attributes: Scott Morrison
- Federal government response to Covid-19
- State government response to Covid-19
- Uptake of a Covid-19 vaccine
- Reason those who would get vaccinated against Covid-19 have not been vaccinated yet
- Speed of NSW lockdown
- Time for Covid-19 milestones to occur for NSW