Q. Who do you think would make the better Prime Minister out of Tony Abbott and Julia Gillard?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat|
50% believe that Julia Gillard would make the better Prime Minister and 32% prefer Tony Abbott.
There were major differences by gender – men preferred Julia Gillard by a margin of 7% (47%/40%) whereas the margin among women was 28% (53%/25%). Greens voters preferred Julia Gillard 83% to 8%.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation