Q. How closely have you been following the dispute between Rugby Australia and Israel Folau, following comments the player made on social media?
|I have been following the dispute closely||22%||28%||16%||18%||20%||27%|
|I have read or seen some news about the dispute||46%||43%||49%||40%||45%||53%|
|I am aware of the dispute, but don’t know any details||17%||16%||18%||19%||17%||15%|
|I am not aware of the dispute||15%||13%||17%||24%||17%||5%|
- 28% of men stated that they have been following the dispute closely, compared to 16% of women.
- 18% of 18 to 34 year olds stated that they have been the dispute closely, compared to 27% of over 55 year olds.
- High-income earners were more likely than low- or mid-income earners to have been following the dispute closely (32% compared to 20% for both low- and mid-income earners).
- University-educated respondents were also more likely to be following the dispute closely (28%) than those with a secondary school education (18%) or a professional qualification (20%).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation