Q. At the end of August, Australia agreed to provide military support to their allies in the Middle East to protect shipping and trade in the region.
To what extent do you support or oppose Australia’s military involvement in the region?
|Total||Federal Voting Intention|
|Labor||Coalition||Greens||Independent / Other|
- 52% of those who support military involvement, are concerned about future conflict, whereas 75% of those who are opposed to military involvement are concerned there could be future conflict in the area.
- Liberal voters are both more supportive of Australia’s military involvement in the Middle East (69%) and less concerned that this could lead to another conflict (46%).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation