Q. Which of the following describe your opinion of the Opposition Leader, Tony Abbott?
|7 Dec 09||10 May 10||Change|
|A capable leader||46%||50%||+4%|
|Out of touch with ordinary people||53%||51%||-2%|
|Understands the problems facing Australia||46%||49%||+3%|
|Good in a crisis||39%||40%||+1%|
|Down to earth||46%||50%||+4%|
|More honest than most politicians||31%||33%||+2%|
*Not asked in June 2009 poll
When it comes to rating Tony Abbott, most people think he is intelligent (72%) and hard-working (71%), yet arrogant (54%), narrow-minded (53%) and demanding (52%).
There were few substantial changes Tony Abbott’s ratings compared to the December 2009 results. His rating for being a capable leader improved 4% to 50%, as did his rating for being down to earth.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.Download this week's Report
Two Party Preferred:
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Top Federal Government priorities for 2021
- Uptake of a Covid-19 vaccine
- Perceptions of change in the standard of living for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Changing views towards Australia Day
- Support towards a separate national day