Q. And which statements do you feel fit the Greens?
|Out of touch with ordinary people||60%|
|Will promise to do anything to win votes||52%|
|Clear about what they stand for||51%|
|Have a vision for the future||49%|
|Understands the problems facing Australia||36%|
|Looks after the interests of working people||31%|
|Keeps its promises||31%|
|Has a good team of leaders||29%|
|Too close to the big corporate and financial interests||22%|
The Greens’ main attributes were – extreme (61%), out of touch with ordinary people (60%), will promise to do anything to win votes (52%) and clear about what they stand for (51%). Compared to the major parties, the Greens were rated more highly for being clear about what they stand for and having a vision for the future.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation