Q. And which statements do you feel fit the Labor Party?
|Will promise to do anything to win votes||70%||+2||68%|
|Looks after the interests of working people||55%||-2||57%|
|Out of touch with ordinary people||51%||+3||48%|
|Have a vision for the future||48%||-2||50%|
|Understands the problems facing Australia||48%||-2||50%|
|Clear about what they stand for||47%||+1||46%|
|Have good policies||43%||-2||45%|
|Has a good team of leaders||39%||+1||38%|
|Too close to the big corporate and financial interests||36%||-1||37%|
|Keeps its promises||30%||-4||34%|
The Labor Party’s main attributes were – will promise anything to win votes (70%), looks after the interests of working people (55%), out of touch with ordinary people (51%) and moderate (50%).
Since this question was asked last month, the only substantial change has been for divided (down 10%).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation