Q. Do you approve or disapprove the way the Prime Minister Julia Gillard is addressing the asylum seeker issue?
42% approved of the way the Prime Minister is addressing the asylum seeker issue and 33% disapproved. 63% of Labor voters approved and 15% disapproved. 57% Liberal/National voters disapproved and 26% approved and for Greens voters 32% approved and 41% disapproved.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation