Q. It has recently been revealed that US agencies have been secretly monitoring most of the world’s phone and internet traffic. This information is shared with friendly governments such as Australia’s.
Do you support or oppose the US government’s secret collecting of this information?
|Neither support nor oppose||
Just 24% of people support the US government’s secret collecting of the world’s phone and internet traffic. 45% oppose it.
Liberal/National voters (34%) were more likely to support the US collecting this information.
Labor (58%) and Green (62%) voters were more likely to oppose it.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation