Q. When asked his opinion of the US ban the Australian Prime Minister, Malcolm Turnbull, said it is not his job to comment on the domestic policies of other countries. Do you agree or disagree with this position taken by Malcolm Turnbull?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens||Vote other|
53% agree with the position taken by Malcolm Turnbull when he said it was not his job to comment on the domestic policies of other countries and 36% disagree.
Those most likely to agree with Malcolm Turnbull were Liberal National voters (73%), other voters (62%) and agedn65+ (69%).
Those most likely to disagree with Malcolm Turnbull were Greens voters (61%) and Labor voters (53%).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation