Q. To what extent do you support or oppose the following measures to address gender inequality in Australia?
|TOTAL: Support||TOTAL: Oppose||Strongly support||Somewhat support||Neither support, nor oppose||Somewhat oppose||Strongly oppose|
|Organise a national summit of all state and federal leaders to set targets and policies to reduce violence and sexual assault||69%||9%||37%||32%||22%||4%||4%|
|Implement the recommendations of the respect@work inquiry||68%||8%||33%||34%||24%||5%||4%|
|Establish a specialist sexual assault court||62%||13%||30%||31%||25%||8%||6%|
|Universal access to free child-care and early learning for families with young children||60%||16%||30%||30%||24%||9%||8%|
|TOTAL: Support||Total||Gender||Age Group||Federal Voting Intention|
|Male||Female||18-34||35-54||55+||Labor||TOTAL: Coalition||Greens||TOTAL: Other|
|Organise a national summit of all state and federal leaders to set targets and policies to reduce violence and sexual assault||69%||65%||73%||68%||68%||71%||76%||68%||70%||63%|
|Implement the recommendations of the respect@work inquiry||68%||62%||73%||64%||69%||70%||74%||65%||80%||59%|
|Establish a specialist sexual assault court||62%||53%||70%||64%||64%||58%||67%||58%||74%||56%|
- There is majority support for all of the proposed steps to address gender inequality in Australia including a national summit to reduce violence and sexual assault (69% support), implement the recommendations of the respect@work inquiry (68%) and the establishment of a specialist sexual assault court (62%).
- In all cases women were more likely than men to support making the changes. Still, over half of men support making changes.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Federal voting intention
- Leader attributes: Scott Morrison
- Federal government response to Covid-19
- State government response to Covid-19
- Uptake of a Covid-19 vaccine
- Reason those who would get vaccinated against Covid-19 have not been vaccinated yet
- Speed of NSW lockdown
- Time for Covid-19 milestones to occur for NSW
Sign up for updatesReceive the Essential Report in your inbox.
2PP Abbott ALP Anthony Albanese Approval of opposition leader Approval of Tony Abbott asylum seekers Australian economy Bill Shorten Carbon Tax climate change coronavirus covid-19 economy Education Election EMC environment ER Essential Media Essential Report Federal Budget Federal Government federal politics Gillard Greens Julia Gillard kevin rudd Labor Labor Party Liberal Liberal Party Liberals mining Nationals Opposition leader peter lewis Polling polls Prime Minister Scott Morrison tony abbott two party preferred voting Voting intention