Q. Do you think people should be allowed to access their superannuation to buy a home or should superannuation be preserved for retirement?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens||Vote other||May 2015|
|Should be allowed to use to buy a home||38%||43%||34%||28%||44%||41%|
|Should be preserved for retirement||50%||46%||58%||60%||46%||46%|
38% think that people should be allowed to access their superannuation to buy a home and 50% think superannuation should be preserved for retirement. This represents a shift in opinion toward preserving superannuation for retirement since this question was asked in May 2015.
Those most likely to think people should be allowed to access their superannuation to buy a home were Labor voters (43%, other party voters (44%) and aged 35-44 (46%).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation